HONEYWELL (RESIDEO) WATER HEATER GAS VALVE, STANDING PILOT WITH PIEZO, SETPOINT 55-155F, SPUD LENGTH = 2″, BRACKET= CENTERED, REGULATOR SETTING= 5″ W.C., GAS TYPE=NATURAL GAS
The WT8840 series is the Water Heater Control for trade use to replace WV8840 valves used in AO Smith and Bradford White Water Heaters. It is designed for use in Standing Pilot applications using an immersion well for water temperature sensing. An included integrated NTC temperature sensor reads water temperature within the appliance up to 221 F (105 C).
The WT8840 Water Heater Control is designed for use in Standing Pilot applications using an immersion well for water temperature sensing. All models of WT8840 include an integrated NTC temperature sensor.
The WT8840 is powered from a thermopile heated by the standing pilot flame. CS8840 pilot assemblies are designed for use with this control.
The immersion well for sensing water temperature has matched NTC thermistor sensors. These sensors provide the fail-safe mechanism through which the WT8840 can provide both accurate water temperature control as well as water temperature limit (Temperature Cut-Out [TCO]) function.
- Application: Gas control
- Comments: 87C TCO
- Mounting: Mounting in the upright position
- Temperature Ratings (F): Ambient– 32 F to 150 F; TCO Limit– 189 F
- Setpoint Temperature Range (F): Valve– 55F to 155F
- Pressure Regulator Setting (psi): 5.0 in. wc
- Inlet/Outlet Size (in.):1/2 in. NPT x 1/2 in. Inverted Flare
- Capacity: Min. 30 ft3/hr, Max. 75ft3/hr